Florida Probation Violation Defense Attorneys

Often, people convicted of crimes are put on probation instead of serving jail time– this is essentially a gift from the court. On the other hand, if you are being released from jail or prison, you may also be put on probation. If you are found in violation of your probation, a bench warrant will be issued for your arrest, and you will likely go to jail without bond. Violating your probation can severely affect the record that you fought so hard to keep clean, so it is important that you understand all of your legal responsibilities right out of the gate. At Perez LaSure Law, we can ensure that you are fully aware and in understanding of your rights and responsibilities while on probation, since the expectations the court may have of you are not always crystal clear.


In federal court, probation violations on felonies usually result in maximum sentences of three to five years and potential reinstatement of probation after a jail sentence. In state court, probationers can be sentenced to any lawful sentence up to the maximum the defendant could originally have received. For example, a person who violates probation on his or her first DUI, the defendant could be sentenced to six months in jail. Likewise, someone who commits a burglary to a dwelling could be sentenced to 15 years in prison for a violation of probation.

While you should always take your probation officer seriously when he or she threatens to report a violation you made, just because this threat is made does not mean that a report will be filed. It doesn’t always mean that you were in the wrong either, as probation officers will sometimes misinform you of your duties while on probation.

We Will Preserve Your Rights

If you are fighting for parole, or are unsure of what your duties and responsibilities may be while on parole, contact the experienced criminal defense attorneys at Perez LaSure Law. We will walk you through every step of your case and probation, as we are well-versed in criminal and probation laws in the state of Florida.Get in touch and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

In need of a consultation?

Get in touch and we will get back to you as soon as possible.